Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Music to My Ears!

(I'll get to this picture in a minute...)

Today was one of the most nerve-wracking days I've had in a while...to say the least. I woke up after a rather sleepless night to find ice and sleet STILL falling! You see, I've been excited for and terrified of today since December 15th, 2008 (around 1:00pm to be exact). Anyway, Jeff comes home today around 12:45 to pick me up and our car gets stuck in the driveway...STRESSFUL!!! I am supposed to be at my appointment at 1:15 and we are NOT moving. We finally get unstuck (Thank you Chad Watson!!!) and this is when my heart rate begins to rise, for the first of many times.

Back to the picture. It is a Fetal Doppler Heart Rate Monitor. (Just a little clue)

I get to the doctor after trekking through snow, sleet, and ice. As I walk in the front door and go up the elevator again my heart rate rises...to the point breathing is not easy. They call my name and I find myself in a FREEZING room...thump thump, thump thump...After the routine height, weight, etc. I see this dreaded piece of equipment. (I had a bad experience about six months ago with this thing and the sight of it nearly sends me into a state of panic) The doctor starts to listen for a heart beat...and begins to laugh. She says, "I think I heard it but you really need to relax." Apparently MY pulse was so fast and loud it was masking what we were really listening for. A couple minutes later it was loud and clear...MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!!

....and to think around August 26, 2009, the Britton family will have one more member!

14 comments:

Andrea said...

How exciting! Congrats! I'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby Britton!

Hillengrandma said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I am very happy for you and Jeff.

Chad Watson said...

No way!! I had no idea that's where you all were headed! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

When Chad said he helped you guys get your car unstuck so you could go to a check up I said, "I bet she's pregnant," but I got shot down with the whole, "Women go to the doctor everyday, it's icing, maybe she just didn't want to drive, blah blah blah." Anyway, I am SOOO excited for you! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

YAY!! I have been wondering for a little while if you might be. I will be praying for you all and the cute baby... when are you due?

ToyHelen said...

How wonderful....I am so excited for you!

rachel said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Tears...your story brought tears! I'm so excited for you and my brother (and selfishly for me, cuz I am going to love being an aunt)! YAY!! Congrats!
Love
Mandy

Anonymous said...

How wonderful.
If you have the baby on August 26th that will be quite a day.
Britt and Kevin's Anniversary
Jack's birthday
Morgan's birthday
and a new baby!! holy smokes!

Lisa said...

My dear Shannon....this will be the most beautiful, precious baby in the world. I know this becuase you were! It seems like yesterday I was holding you and now you're going to be a mommy. You and Jeff will be amazing parents. This is one lucky child.
Keep me undated on EVERYTHING!!! I'M GOING TO BE A GREAT-AUNT!!

LauraD said...

Congratulations, Shannon! I know all about being pregnant all summer because Emma was born Aug 24 and Megan on Sept 12. Just eat lots of ice cream! I'll be praying for a wonderful and "uneventful" pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is SO exciting!

Anonymous said...

Sorry...that last one was me.

Sarah K.

Jenny Lotz said...

babies, babies, everywhere!! congratulations! how exciting!

Older Posts