Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A New Favorite

Christmas time is full of traditions. We have our favorite foods, songs, places to go, etc. Well, I got this book for my birthday (Thanks Mandy and Brad!) and it is so fun! I had been wanting it for a while and I'm so excited to bring it out for many years to come!!!

Here's the story in a nutshell...

You see, Santa is far too busy to be every where during the holiday season checking if we are being "naughty or nice." So...he hires hundreds of little elves to help him. Hence the name The Elf on the Shelf, parents (secretly) bring the elf out each year on December 1st and place him on a shelf. He is Santa's eye's and ears until Christmas. He watches if you're good or bad and also takes your Christmas wishes back to Santa. He travels back to the North Pole each night and is found in a new place/shelf each morning! And...on Christmas morning he is gone! Back to the North Pole until next December 1st. Oh, and you can't touch him or he loses his magic! Anyway....the actual story is much cuter and more intriguing than the rendition I just gave, but you get the idea.

How fun?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We have this book! The girls LOVE finding the elf every morning. His name is Ollie. And....it is the best way to motivate good behavior. All I have to say is, "Ollie is watching!" I wish Ollie could be a year round elf. HA!

Jenny Lotz said...

my brother's family has this book and the kids are always talking about it, figuring out where he'll be next, etc. they're lovin' it! i think it's cute!!

Unknown said...

SO STINKING CUTE! I have never heard of this but went straight to the website. It is on my wish list for next year, if I can wait that long. I emailed my sister about it too and will get be getting it for my niece.

Older Posts