Friday, October 24, 2008

smitten



smitten- (according to Merriam Webster) to be captivated or taken by someone or something.

WARNING: the blogs you read on this page may not be the most eloquent or profound insights you have ever read.

I read the blogs daily and have often thought it would be fun to have my own, but have been entirely too busy and wondered who would actually want to read them???? Maybe no one, but I'll give it a try!

I actually think this first one will be the hardest...
Well, in the past six months I have-
  1. Graduated from college
  2. Gotten married :-)
  3. Moved into my first home...Martha Stewart Wanna-be!
  4. Been hired to teach and resigned within a month (see #4 for reasoning)
  5. Been shocked to find that I was pregnant
  6. Been terribly disappointed to have lost our baby
  7. Completed 12 WONDERFUL weeks of student teaching!
  8. Become an "official" licensed Special Ed. Teacher
  9. Become a Sister-in-Law to one of the kindest people I know
  10. Gained a WONDERFUL family (by getting married)
  11. Gotten to be a Bridesmaid in the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen!
  12. And many many more.
I am truly "smitten" with the life God has so graciously given me!

5 comments:

Hillenblog said...

Welcome to the Blogs...You have a great start...

See if you can get your husband to start a blog...

Andrea said...

yay! another great blog to read!

Anonymous said...

welcome, shannon! i've loved that wedding picture since the first time i viewed it! i think the groom looks pretty "smitten" himself:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am so excited about your blog...and having known you since you were knee high to a grass hopper, I am sure the family you gained is as blessed as you are. I would also like to add that I have been to 3 weddings so far this year, and each absolutely amazing!

Unknown said...

New reading material!! So exciting!

Older Posts