Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sigh of Relief, After a Bout of Panic


So, as I wrote in my previous post, our home study was Monday. Jeff and I both had double checked on the time it was scheduled...1:00pm. I had cleaned the house in the previous days, so when I got up that morning and got ready to workout, I left the house, knowing I would have plenty of time to straighten up, make our beds, and pick up the trail of toys Charlie had left behind.

It's now 10:30am, on Monday. I had been home long enough to shower and put Charlie down for a nap. (Hair still wet, bed unmade, breakfast dishes still on the table, toys in the floor)

DING DONG!!!!

I peek around the corner to try and see who it is, without them seeing me. I was expecting it to be a neighbor, mail man, etc. Nope, to my surprise our social worker was standing there...clip board in hand! Can you say panic attack?!?!? I answered the door and she obviously saw a little panic on my face....to make a long story short she had gotten our appointment mixed with another one and left soon after she arrived.

And if you're wondering, the second time around went great! Whew!

PS...Look at this cute little Lion! (I know it's a random picture to go with this post, but I love it)

1 comment:

LauraD said...

That Judy is so sweet!

Older Posts